UE - Varna has successfully finalized the implementation of the project
on 22nd December 2015
On 22nd December 2015, it has successfully been finalized the successful implementation of the project BG01-001/ 22.12.2014 „Strengthening Students' Adaptation in Multicultural Environment in the Context of International Educational Mobilities in Europe”, funded by the Fund for Bilateral Relations at National Level under the EEA FM and NFM 2009-2014, Promotion of European values and in particular history teaching in multicultural society (Priority 2). Beneficiary of the project is University of Economics – Varna (UE-Varna) and international partner is the University Centre of Westfjords (Iceland). The total budget is 29 168,73 euro with the project duration from 22.12.2014 to 22.12.2015.
The overall objective of this international initiative consists of seeking sustainable approaches to reduce socio-cultural disparities between European students through improvement of opportunities for a better adaptation and integration in multicultural environment of international educational mobility.
Throughout the project lifetime two main tasks have been achieved: 1) Raising students’ awareness of the cultural differences and approaches to effectively overcoming social obstacles during educational mobility; and, 2) Promoting European values amongst students through informal and interactive education and multicultural communication.
Thanks to the great efforts of the team of UE-Varna and the University Centre of Westfjors, high results have been achieved and reported. In end of one year the following results are visible in public:
1. Elaborated an innovative research methodology on the socio-cultural obstacles faced by students during their international mobilities
2. Carried out research on socio-cultural obstacles faced by students during their international mobilities
3. Carried out Research on best practices in the area of cultural integration elaborated and adopted in the international universities
4. Created the project website for publicity and visualization of the project achievements
5. Carried 5 Modular pilot training for students from UE-Varna and UWestfjords on the topics of socio-cultural adaptation and integration in multicultural environment
6. Carried out one Study visit to the Donor State Partner (Iceland) to study the elaborated approaches to overcoming socio-cultural divergences between young people during their international mobilities
7. Carried out one International seminar on socio-cultural integration of students during their international mobilities (Bulgaria)
8. Created one unique guidebook for students' integration
9. Published one scientific article on the project results.
Thanks to the project it was possible to carry out an innovative on socio-cultural obstacles faced by students during their international mobilities. The informal trainings carried out by the young experts of the team helped our students to raise their awareness on the topics of socio-cultural adaptation and integration in multicultural environment. Researchers of UE-Varna who worked within this project carried out a global research on best practices in the area of cultural integration elaborated and adopted in the international universities. Thus, it was possible to create and to elaborate one unique guidebook for students' integration during their international mobilities. And not the least, the project has made a valuable contribution to increasing the research potential of the academic community of UE-Varna thanks to the elaboration and publication of a scientific article in English with subject on the carried out international survey in the area of socio-cultural obstacles faced by students during international mobilities.
Press conference organized on 29th October 2015 at UE-Varna
On 29th October 2015 a press conference was organized in the frame of the project. The event was carried by Assoc. Prof. PhD Petya Dankova- Project Manager and vice-rector International relations and project management at UE-Varna. More than 40 participants attented to the press conference. They were duly informed about the most valuable achievements completed during the project implementation.
The international seminar "Adaptation and Integration in Multicultural Environment" took place at UE-Varna
During the period from 29th October to 30th October 2015 the international seminar "Adaptation and Integration in Multicultural Environment" took place UE - Varna in the frame of the project No. BG01-001/22.12.2014 "Strengthening Students' Adaptation in Multicultural Environment in the Context of International Educational Mobilities in Europe". Special guest-lecturers were two professors from the partner University Centre of Westfjords in Iceland: Ólafur Guðsteinn Kristjánsson and Ingi Björn Guðnason. More than 100 students participated in the seminar. Moreover, members of the academic and administrative staff of UE-Varna also took part in the event as well as representatives of the local educational and cultural institutions.
During the seminar the Icelandic lecturers awarded with a certificate of attendance all students who participated in the modular trainings "Multicultural Societies".
During the seminar it was organized an exhibtion with the collages elaborated by the students during the trainings "Multicultural Societies".
Bulgarian Experts came back from the study visit at the University Centre of Westfjords in Iceland
During the period from 10th August 2015 to 17th August 2015 the Bulgarian experts visited the University Centre of Westfjords located in the city of Isafjordur- the third big city in Iceland.
During the visit the Bulgarian experts organized two trainings "Multicultural Societies" for the students from the University Centre of Westfjords. Altogether 28 students selected and attended to the trainings which are part of the catalogue for Elective courses offered at the university centre. The majority of the students come from USA, Canada, Belgium, France, Germany, Argentina, UK, Russia and other countries.
Both partner organizations UE-Varna and the University Centre of Westfjords discussed and agreed on new projects and initiatives for the future cooperation.
Upcoming Study Visit to the University Centre of the Westfjords in Iceland
During the period from 10th August 2015 to 17th August 2015 6 experts from the University of Economics - Varna will carry out a study visit to the University Centre of the Westfjords in Iceland.
In the frame of this visit the Bulgarian experts will meet their colleagues from Iceland and will have the opportunity to get informed about the elaborated methods for overcoming socio-cultural differences between young people who participate in international mobilities.
Moreover, the experts from Bulgaria and Iceland will carry out a modular interactive training "Multicultural Societies" for the students from the University Centre of the Westfjords. The main objective of the training is to encourage young people to develop their points of view about the attractiveness and the challenges of living in the European multicultural society.
TRAINING "MULTICULTURAL SOCIETIES"
23rd April 2015, 09.00 a.m. - 01.00 p.m. Room 1-116, University of Economics - Varna
Multiculturalism is amongst the brightest features of modern society. We all shape its character and determine its future every day.
If you are curious to explore the labyrinth of the different cultures and the challenges young people face, get involved in the training "Multicultural Societies"!
Why should you participate?
- You will get the opportunity to express your opinion about the attractiveness and the challenges in the European multicultural society
- Your ideas will be published in a booklet of essays and will reach a wide range of readers around Europe
- You will get a certificate of participation in the training organized within the project "Strengthening Students' Adaptation in Multicultural Environment in the Context of International Educational Mobilities in Europe"
Take in mind:
- The training will be carried out in English
- The certificate of participation will be issued in English
Send to us your application by 19th April 2015 (Sunday) at the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send your two names, specialty, telephone number
- We will confirm your participation via e-mail.
03rd April 2015, 10.00 a.m. - 11.00 a.m., R 1-116, University of Economics - Varna
On 3rd April 2015, from 10.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m., R 1-116, the first pressconference will take place.
During the pressconference the project team will present the main objectives, the implementation of the project activities and the expected results.